Nicole Finlayson and Clare Arthurs exorcise the ghost of privilege past ‘It was common ground that SDIP would not be required to produce any documents which were indeed subject to privilege which would be infringed by being produced to the FRC.’ The spectre of legal professional privilege looms large in many a judgment these days. …
Continue reading "Insights by Penningtons Manches: Another petrifying blow for privilege?"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Director of the Serious Fraud Office v Eurasian Natural Resources Corp Ltd  EWCA Civ 2006
- McE v Prison Service of Northern Ireland  UKHL 15
- Parry-Jones v The Law Society  1 Ch 1
- R (Lumsdon) & ors v Legal Services Board  EWHC 28 (Admin)
- R v Special Commissioner ex parte Morgan Grenfell & Co Ltd  EWCA Civ 329;  UKHL 21
- Simms v The Law Society  EWHC 408 (Admin)
- The Financial Reporting Council Ltd v Sports Direct International plc  EWHC 2284 (Ch)