Dreamvar has implications not only for conveyancers but for breach of trust claims. Claire-Marie Cornford and Sarah Smith explain ‘The Court of Appeal held that the purchase monies should have remained in the vendor’s solicitor’s client account pending either a genuine completion of the sale or further instructions from the purchaser’s solicitors.’ The recent case …
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Futter & anr v HMRCC (with Pitt v HMRCC)  UKSC 26;  WTLR 977 SC
- Gran Gelato Ltd v Richcliff (Group) Ltd  Ch 560
- M v St Anne‘s Trustees Ltd (2018) unreported judgment 1/2018 Guernsey Royal Court 12 January
- P&P Property Ltd v Owen White & Catlin LLP; Dreamvar (UK) Ltd v Mishcon de Reya  EWHC 2276 (Ch);  EWHC 3316 (Ch);  EWCA Civ 1082
- Santander UK v RA Legal Solicitors  EWCA Civ 183;  WTLR 813
- White v Jones  UKHL 5