Dreamvar has implications not only for conveyancers but for breach of trust claims against professional trustees. Claire-Marie Cornford and Sarah Smith explain ‘It was accepted that there had been failures in the identification checks undertaken by OWC and MMS; however, in both cases the claims against the vendors’ solicitors were dismissed at first instance on …
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Futter & anr v HMRCC (with Pitt v HMRCC)  UKSC 26;  WTLR 977 SC
- Gran Gelato Ltd v Richcliff (Group) Ltd  Ch 560
- M v St Anne‘s Trustees Ltd (2018) unreported judgment 1/2018 Guernsey Royal Court 12 January
- P&P Property Ltd v Owen White & Catlin LLP; Dreamvar (UK) Ltd v Mishcon de Reya  EWHC 2276 (Ch);  EWHC 3316 (Ch);  EWCA Civ 1082
- Santander UK v RA Legal Solicitors  EWCA Civ 183;  WTLR 813
- White v Jones  UKHL 5