Laura Jenkins and Mike McCabe question why assessors and judicial assistants are not more widely used in commercial litigation ‘Judicial assistants have been used to support judges in the Supreme Court and Court of Appeal since around the turn of the 21st century and have been trialled as a permanent role in the Commercial Court …
Continue reading "Practice: Backing up the bench"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Balcombe Group plc v London Development Agency  EWHC 1392 (TCC)
- Barings plc & anor v Coopers & Lybrand & ors  EWHC Ch 17
- Bow Spring (Owners) v Manzanillo II (Owners)  EWCA Civ 1007
- BritNed Development Ltd v ABB AB & anor (2012) HC-2015-000268
- Electromagnetic Geoservices ASA v Petroleum Geo-Services & ors  EWHC 881 (Pat)
- Esso Petroleum Co Ltd v Southport Corporation  AC 218
- P v Q & ors  EWHC 194 (Comm)
- R (on the application of British American Tobacco (UK) Ltd & ors) v Secretary of State for Health  EWHC 1169 (Admin)
- The RBS Rights Issue Litigation  EWHC 3161 (Ch);  EWHC 1217 (Ch)
- The Russian Federation v Yukos Universal Limited (2016) C/09/477162 / HA ZA 15-2