Failure to advise clients of risk can have serious financial consequences. David Greene and Dominic de Bono consider a recent equitable compensation claim ‘Jackson LJ held that this was a category 2 advice case, noting that this was not a “conventional conveyancing situation“. While the purchasers had taken the decision to purchase a property in …
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- AIB Group (UK) plc v Mark Redler & Co Solicitors  UKSC 58;  WTLR 187 SC
- BPE Solicitors & anor v Hughes-Holland  UKSC 21
- Canson Enterprises Ltd v Boughton & Co.  3 SCR 534
- Main & ors v Giambrone & Law & ors  EWCA Civ 1193
- South Australia Asset Management Corp v York Montague Ltd  UKHL 10
- Target Holdings Ltd v Redferns  UKHL 10