John Machell QC and Jennifer Haywood examine the remedy of forfeiture of trustees‘ remuneration ‘A trustee who places themselves in a position of conflict, accepts a secret profit or completely abrogates their duty to protect the trust assets may be at risk of having to repay their remuneration/fees.‘ Case law provides us with examples of …
Continue reading "Fiduciary duties: A third way?"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Andrews v Ramsay & Co  2 KB 635
- Armitage v Nurse & ors  EWCA Civ 1279
- Avrahami & ors v Biran & ors  EWHC 1776 (Ch)
- Gamatronic (UK) Ltd & anor v Hamilton & anor  EWHC 2225 (QB)
- Governor and Company of the Bank of Ireland & anor v Jaffery & anor  EWHC 1377 (Ch)
- Hosking v Marathon Asset Management LLP  EWHC 2418 (Ch)
- Imageview Management Ltd v Jack  EWCA Civ 63
- Keppel v Wheeler  1 KB 577
- Murad v Al-Saraj  EWCA Civ 959;  WTLR 1573
- Stevens v Premium Real Estate Ltd  2 NZLR 384
- Stupples v Stupples & Co  EWHC 1226 (Ch)