Rushmi Sethi examines clinical negligence claims concerning childbirth injury ‘The doctor’s obligation, other than in cases where it would damage the patient’s welfare, was to present the material risks and uncertainties of different treatments, and to allow patients to make decisions that would affect their health and well-being on proper information.’ Relatively few childbirth injury …
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Bailey v Ministry of Defence  EWCA Civ 883
- Bolam v Friern Hospital Management Committee  1 WLR 582
- Hunter v Hanley  CSIH 2
- Montgomery v Lanarkshire Health Board  CSOH 104;  UKSC 11
- Sidaway v Board of Governors of the Bethlem Royal Hospital  UKHL 1
- Tasmin v Barts Health NHS Trust  EWHC 3135 (QB)