Claire King analyses recent judicial trends in the contractual interpretation of construction contracts ‘What has sometimes been used as a “get out of jail card” (ie arguing business common sense to escape an otherwise harsh result) is going to be an increasingly hard card to use in the future.’ The key to resolving disputes is …
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Arnold v Britton & ors  UKSC 36
- Investors Compensation Scheme Ltd v West Bromwich Building Society  UKHL 28
- Mannai Investment Co Ltd v Eagle Star Life Assurance Co Ltd  UKHL 19
- Rainy Sky SA v Kookmin Bank  EWHC 2624 (Comm);  EWCA Civ 582;  UKSC 50
- Wood v Capita Insurance Services Ltd  UKSC 24