Phil Allen looks at a recent Court of Appeal decision and why it means there will be increases to discrimination awards in employment tribunals ‘While the largest component of most discrimination awards will remain the (uncapped) lost earnings, the increase in injury to feelings figures will mean that the employer’s potential exposure and the cost …
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Da'Bell v NSPCC  UKEAT 0227/09/2809
- De Souza v Vinci Construction (UK) Ltd  UKEAT 0328/14;  EWCA Civ 879
- Simmons v Castle  EWCA Civ 1039;  EWCA Civ 1288
- Small v The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospitals NHS Trust  EWCA Civ 882
- Vento v Chief Constable of West Yorkshire Police  EWCA Civ 1871