The courts will sometimes give effect to oral agreements for the transfer of land. David Sawtell examines recent case law ‘The courts have afforded some considerable protection to trustees and beneficiaries of land from the inadvertent creation of informal rights over property. The unanimity principle has achieved some prominence as a consequence.’ In order to …
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Fielden v Christie-Miller  EWHC 87 (Ch);  WTLR 1165
- Herbert v Doyle  WTLR 589;  WTLR 1573
- Pleming v Hampton  EWCA Civ 446
- Preedy v Dunne  EWHC 2713;  WTLR 1795;  EWCA Civ 805
- Yaxley v Gotts  EWCA Civ 3006
- Yeoman's Row Management Ltd & anor v Cobbe  UKHL 55;  WTLR 1461 HL