Patrick West explores the test of fundamental dishonesty ‘There is a sliding scale and where inconsistencies reach a certain level, subject to judicial instinct, only then is fundamental dishonesty reached.’ In the film Pirates of the Caribbean, Jack Sparrow said: Me I’m dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly …
Continue reading "Qualified One Way Costs Shifting: Blind men and elephants?"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Adam Thompson v Go North East Ltd and Bott & Co Solicitors (2016) unreported, Sunderland CC, Judge Charnock-Neal, 30 August
- Diamanttek Ltd v Jonathan James (2016) unreported, Coventry County Court, Judge Gregory, 8 February
- Gosling v Hailo & Screwfix Direct (2014) unreported, Cambridge County Court, 29 March
- Laura Karen Rayner v Raymond Brown Group Ltd (2016) unreported, Oxford County Court, Judge Harris QC, 3 August
- Mark Menary v Joe Darnton (2016) unreported, Portsmouth County Court, Judge Iain Hughes QC, 13 December
- Severn Valley Railway (Holdings) PLC and Irvin Leisure Entertainments Ltd (Costs) (2015) unreported Telford County Court District Judge Rogers 25 March
- Zurich Insurance v Philip Bain (2015) unreported, Newcastle County Court, Judge Freedman, 4 June