Liz Parkin outlines a recent EAT decision which offers clear guidance on the obligation to provide workers with a rest break ‘Where a worker’s daily working time is more than six hours, an adult worker is entitled to an uninterrupted rest break of not less than 20 minutes.’The Working Time Directive (WTD) requires that all …
Continue reading "Working Time: Rest breaks – EAT clarifies positive approach required from employers"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- C-484/04 Commission v UK  IRLR 888
- Carter v Prestige Nursing Ltd  UKEAT/0014/12 and UKEAT/0015/12
- Grange v Abellio London  UKEAT/0130/16/DA
- MacCartney v Oversley House Management  UKEAT/0500/05
- Miles v Linkage Community Trust Ltd  UKEAT/0618/07
- Scottish Ambulance Service v Truslove  UKEATS/0028/11