Andrew Wade reviews the current position on signage and establishing prescriptive rights ‘Signs either prohibiting or permitting use for recreational activities can be used to prevent a successful town and village green application.’In the 2016 case of Winterburn v Bennett, Richards LJ commented that: Most people do not seek confrontation… Most people do not have …
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Gardner v Hodgson's Kingston Brewery Co Ltd  AC 229
- London Tara Hotel Ltd v Kensington Close Hotel Ltd  EWHC 2749 (Ch);  EWCA Civ 1356
- R (on the application of Lewis) v Redcar and Cleveland BC  UKSC 11
- Taylor v Betterment Properties (Weymouth) Ltd  EWCA Civ 250
- Winterburn & anor v Bennett & anor  EWCA Civ 482