Sonia Ferreira, Karen Jacobs and Tim Constable consider who is to blame if the seller is an imposter ‘In order to provide protection for a buyer, a buyer’s solicitor may wish to seek an undertaking from a seller’s solicitor that it will only release completion moneys upon receiving confirmation that it acts for the true …
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Caparo Industries plc v Dickman  UKHL 2
- Excel Securities plc v Masood  EWHC 3912 (QB)
- Gran Gelato Ltd v Richcliff (Group) Ltd  Ch 560
- P&P Property Ltd v Owen White & Catlin LLP; Dreamvar (UK) Ltd v Mishcon de Reya  EWHC 2276 (Ch);  EWHC 3316 (Ch);  EWCA Civ 1082
- Penn v Bristol & West Building Society & ors  EWCA Civ 1416
- Purrunsing v A'Court & Co  EWHC 789 (Ch);  WTLR 1027