Laura Cole and Edward Gamble discuss the best way to deal with squatters ‘Land owners should carry out regular inspections of land, particularly in locations such as vacant units, open spaces or dilapidated premises prone to occupation by optimistic occupiers.’ Although we are all familiar with the concept of squatters, a person can only claim …
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Buckinghamshire County Council v Moran  EWCA Civ 11
- J A Pye (Oxford) Ltd v Graham; J A Pye (Oxford) Ltd v UK  Ch 676;  UKHL 30;  ECHR 921;  ECHR 5559
- Powell v McFarlane (1977) 38 P&CR 452
- R (Best) v The Chief Land Registrar  EWHC 1370 (Admin);  EWCA Civ 17
- Winterburn & anor v Bennett & anor  EWCA Civ 482