Should a vendor’s solicitor be under the same scrutiny as those representing the purchaser? Mary Young and Ben Hillman discuss ‘The Law Society Property and Registration Fraud Practice Note asserts the need for caution, as criminals will always attempt to exploit weaknesses in lending and conveyancing systems.’ Victims of identity theft or modern scams frequently …
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- AIB Group (UK) plc v Mark Redler & Co Solicitors  UKSC 58;  WTLR 187 SC
- Davisons Solicitors v Nationwide Building Society  EWCA Civ 1626;  WTLR 393
- Lloyds TSB plc v Markandan & Uddin  EWCA Civ 65
- Mortgage Express v Iqbal Hafeez Solicitors  EWHC (Ch) 3037
- Purrunsing v A'Court & Co  EWHC 789 (Ch);  WTLR 1027
- Santander UK v RA Legal Solicitors  EWCA Civ 183;  WTLR 813