A ‘right to light’ case has lessons for developers wishing to avoid an injunction. Rashpal Soomal explores the nature of the court’s discretion ‘What the Supreme Court has in mind is a sophisticated exercise that requires much more than the traditional “one-size-fits-all” approach to the exercise of injunction discretion.’ Any professional advising developers in particular …
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Coventry v Lawrence (No 2)  UKSC 46
- HKRUK II (CHC) Ltd v Heaney  EWHC 2245 (Ch)
- Ottercroft Ltd v Scandia Care Ltd (2015) case no 3YL84341/1CL, 26 January
- Scott & anor v Aimiuwu & anor (2015) unreported, Central London County Court, 18 February
- Shelfer v City of London Electric Lighting Co  1 Ch 287