The wording of an employer’s policy meant it was merely obliged to provide PHI, not to ensure the employee actually received payments, write Helen Roberts and Rebecca Harding-Hill ‘The decision does reflect the reality of the circumstances where employees are denied benefit because they were ill and claiming under the employer’s existing scheme when a …
Continue reading "Age Discrimination: Taking it literally"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Anite Systems Ltd v Williams-Key  UKEAT/898/98
- Hall v Xerox UK Ltd  UKEAT/0061/14
- Pioneer Technology (UK) Ltd v Jowitt  EWCA Civ 411
- Smith v Gartner UK Ltd  UKEAT/0279/15
- Whitham v Capita Insurance Services Ltd  ET/2505448/12