Richard Adams examines the circumstances in which diplomatic immunity may prevent a claim by a spouse ‘The classic statement of law as to diplomatic immunity is found in Diplock J’s decision in Empson v Smith, ie that it is elementary law that diplomatic immunity is not immunity from legal liability but immunity from suit.’The decision …
Continue reading "International: Protective measures"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Al-Juffali v Estrada  EWCA Civ 176
- De Andrade v De Andrade (1984) 118 ILR 299
- Empson v Smith  1 QB 426
- Estrada v Al-Juffali  EWHC 213 (Fam)
- Jiminez v IRC  STC 371
- Re A (Jurisdiction: Return of Child)  UKSC 60
- Reyes v Al-Malki  EWCA Civ 32
- Sulaiman v Juffali  EWHC 556 (Fam)