Phil Allen looks at three recent cases in which the claimants argued their dismissal was unfair because they were treated more harshly than a colleague involved in the same incident ‘In practice, it can be very difficult to identify circumstances that are sufficiently comparable to require the same sanction, as opposed to those where slightly …
Continue reading "Unfair Dismissal: Are tribunals being consistent about consistency?"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Cain v Leeds Western Health Authority  IRLR 168
- Conlin v United Distillers CA  IRLR 169
- Epstein v Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead  UKEAT/0250/07
- Hadjioannou v Coral Casinos Ltd  IRLR 352
- MBNA Ltd v Jones  UKEAT/0120/15
- Newbound v Thames Water Utilities Ltd  EWCA Civ 677
- Paul v East Surrey District Health Authority  IRLR 305
- Westlake v ZSL London Zoo  ET 2201118/2015
- Wincanton Plc v Atkinson  UKEAT/0040/11