David Sawtell considers some key points of contract interpretation ‘Much of the difference between the decisions in Rainy Sky and Arnold is explained by the ambiguity of the disputed term in the former decision and the clarity of the clause under review in the latter.’ It is trite to state that the purpose of contractual …
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Arnold v Britton & ors  UKSC 36
- Co-operative Wholesale Society Ltd v National Westminster Bank plc  1 EGLR 97
- Investors Compensation Scheme Ltd v West Bromwich Building Society  UKHL 28
- Pink Floyd Music Ltd & anor v EMI Records Ltd  EWCA Civ 1429
- Rainy Sky SA v Kookmin Bank  EWHC 2624 (Comm);  EWCA Civ 582;  UKSC 50