Andrew Willins and Sebastian Said examine a case which has lessons on liability and its proper limitation for trustees ‘Courts in the BVI and the Cayman Islands have rightly set their face against reducing the general law duties to such a level as to render them meaningless.’It is comparatively rare to encounter judgments from the …
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Armitage v Nurse  EWCA Civ 1279
- Bartlett v Barclays Bank Trust Co Ltd (Nos 1 and 2)  1 Ch 515
- Fattal v Walbrook Trustees (Jersey) Ltd  EWHC 2767
- Re Vickery; Vickery v Stephens  1 Ch 572
- Speight v Gaunt (1883) UKHL 1
- Spread Trustee Co Ltd v Hutcheson  UKPC 13;  WTLR 317