Ryan Deane outlines a recent decision on jurisdiction ‘The English courts seem willing to stretch the concept of proximity in cases where payment under a contract is the characteristic obligation.’ Article 5(1) of EC Regulation 44/2001 (the Regulation) allows a person domiciled in a member state to be sued in another member state ‘in matters …
Continue reading "Jurisdiction: Any time, any place, anywhere"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Canyon Offshore Ltd v GDF Suez E&P Nederland BV  EWHC 3810 (Comm).
- Case C-19/09 Wood Floor Solutions Andreas Domberger GmbH v Silva Trade SA  ECR I-02121
- Case C-204/08 Rehder v Air Baltic Corporation  ECR I-06073
- Case C-256/00 Besix SA v Wasserreinigungsbau Alfred Kretzschmar GmbH & Co KG (WABAG) & anor  ECR I-01699
- Case C-386/05 Color Drack GmbH v Lexx International Vertriebs GmbH  ECR I-03699
- Case C-533/07 Falco Privatstiftung & anor v Weller-Lindhorst  ECR I-03327