John Sykes looks at the myths and reality of mediation and the public sector ‘Whereas a judgment is public and invariably receives widespread attention, a mediated settlement will usually remain confidential and be better suited to shielding the authority from public criticism.’I first represented a client in a mediation in 1999. It was all about …
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Covanta Energy Ltd v Merseyside Waste Disposal Authority  EWHC 2964 (TCC)
- Edenred (UK Group) Ltd v HM Treasury & ors  EWHC 90 (QB);  EWCA Civ 326;  UKSC 45
- Halsey v Milton Keynes General NHS Trust  EWCA Civ 576
- NATS (Services) Ltd v Gatwick Airport Ltd & anor  EWHC 3133 (TCC)
- Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Europe Ltd v BAE Systems (Al Diriyah C4I) Ltd  EWHC 3148 (TCC)