Keith Dudley summarises the private client aspects of Sham Transactions The excellent introduction by the editors sets the scene and the following chapters 2-5 contain some fascinating and historical information and background. Some years ago Willoughby’s Misplaced Trust (second ed) by James Wadham was published by Gostick Hall Publications. As the title suggests, this book, …
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Barclays Mercantile Business Finance Ltd v Mawson (Inspector of Taxes)  EWCA Civ 1853;  UKHL 51
- Ben Nevis Forestry Ventures Ltd v Commissioner of Inland Revenue  NZSC 115
- Berry v HMRC  UKUT 81 (TCC)
- Furniss v Dawson  UKHL 4
- IRC v Duke of Westminster  AC 1
- Snook v London and West Riding Investments Ltd  2 QB 786