In the fourth of his continuing series, Andrew Francis considers how rights of light can be overriden, their abandonment and remedies in case of dispute ‘Ultimately whether there has been abandonment will be a question of evidence and the mere existence of blocked-up apertures is not the end of the story.’ Question 1 How can …
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- CIP Property (AIPT) Ltd v Transport for London  EWHC 259 (Ch)
- Coventry v Lawrence  EWHC 360 (QB);  EWCA Civ 26;  UKSC 13
- HKRUK II (CHC) Ltd v Heaney  EWHC 2245 (Ch)
- Midtown Ltd v City of London Real Property Co Ltd  EWHC 33 (Ch)
- News of the World Ltd v Allen Fairhead & Sons Ltd  2 Ch 402
- Pavledes v Hadjisavva  EWHC 124 (Ch)