Douglas Rhodes reviews the Court of Appeal’s decision in Phillips v Francis regarding the extent of a landlord’s obligation to consult its tenants on major works ‘Unless the consultation requirements are complied with, the landlord’s service charges are capped at £250 per dwelling regardless of the overall cost of the works, unless dispensation is applied …
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- BDW Trading Ltd v South Anglia Housing Ltd  EWHC 2169 (Ch)
- Daejan Investments Ltd v Benson & ors  EWCA Civ 38;  UKSC 14
- Martin v Maryland Estates Ltd  EWCA Civ 3049
- Pepper (Inspector of Taxes) v Hart  UKHL 3
- Phillips v Francis  EWHC 3650 (Ch);  EWCA Civ 1395
- Southern Land Securities Ltd v Hodge  UKUT 480 (LC)