Adam Carvalho and Lizzy Sainsbury set out two cases where the courts had to consider whether a refusal to mediate was reasonable ‘At the time of deciding whether or not to accept an offer to mediate, which may be at a very early stage of the litigation and sometimes at the pre-action stage, it may …
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Burchell v Bullard  EWCA Civ 358
- Halsey v Milton Keynes General NHS Trust  EWCA Civ 576
- Hawes v Burgess & anor  EWCA Civ 74;  WTLR 453 CA
- PGF II SA v OMFS Company  EWHC 83 (TCC);  EWCA Civ 1288
- Sheffield v Sheffield  WTLR 1039
- Swain-Mason v Mills & Reeve  EWCA Civ 14