Julian Yew looks at a recent case in which an employee continued to be bound by his contract even though the employer was no longer required to pay him ‘The court had to decide whether Mr Rodgers was still employed and if he could be forced to return to work.’ Specific performance is a remedy …
Continue reading "Notice Obligations: Forced labour"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Cresswell v Board of Inland Revenue  ICR 508
- Elsevier Ltd v Munro  EWHC 2648
- Evening Standard Co Ltd v Henderson  EWCA Civ 9
- Henthorn and Taylor v CEGB  IRLR 361
- Mezey v South West London and St George's Mental Health NHS Trust  EWCA Civ 293
- Miles v Wakefield MDC  UKHL 15
- Societé Générale v Geys  EWCA Civ 307;  UKSC 63
- Sunrise Brokers LLP v Rodgers  EWHC 2633
- Warren v Mendy  3 All ER 103
- Wiluszynski v Tower Hamlets  IRLR 259