Charles Dougherty QC and Isabel Barter offer a practical guide to the Consumer Protection Act 1987 ‘It is worth noting that certain products are inherently unsafe but that does not mean that they are necessarily defective.’ Part 1 of the Consumer Protection Act 1987 (CPA), which implemented the European Directive of July 1985 (the directive), …
Continue reading "Consumer Protection Act 1987: Defective products"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- A v National Blood Authority  3 All ER 289
- Abouzaid v Mothercare Ltd  All ER (D) 2436
- Allen & Others v Depuy International Limited  EWHC 753 (QB)
- B (A Child) v McDonald's Restaurants Ltd  EWHC 490 (QB)
- Case C-300/95 European Commission v United Kingdom  ECR I-02649
- Case C-358/08 O'Byrne v Aventis Pasteur  ECR I-1383
- Horne Roberts v SmithKline Beecham Plc  EWCA Civ 2006
- Love v Halfords Limited  EWHC 1057 (QB)
- O'Byrne v Aventis Pasteur MSD Ltd  UKSC 23
- Owusu v Jackson  EUECJ C-281/02
- Pollard v Tesco Stores Ltd  EWCA Civ 393
- Richardson v LRC Products Ltd  Lloyd's Law Reports (Medical) 280