Ongoing uncertainty about employers’ duty to collectively consult staff about redundancies and business transfers means that the law in this area remains complex, warn Jessica Shemmings and Clare Davis ‘The legislation helps clarify the position on collective consultation for redundancy prior to a transfer covered by the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006.’Over …
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Akavan Erityisalojen Keskusliitto AEK ry & ors v Fujitsu Siemens Computers Oy Case C-44/08 (
- Lyttle v Bluebird UK Bidco 2 Ltd  NIIT/00555/12IT;  EUECJ C-182/13
- UK Coal Mining Ltd v National Union of Mineworkers (Northumberland Area)  UKEAT/0397/06/2709
- United States of America v Nolan  EWCA Civ 1223;  EUECJ C-583/10;  EWCA Civ 71
- University College Union v University of Stirling  CSIH 5
- USDAW v Ethel Austin Ltd (in administration)  UKEAT/0547/12;  EWCA Civ 142