Matthew Towers discusses a recent case on what counts as ’employment’ for the purposes of bringing a discrimination claim ‘Individuals providing work through personal service companies may not be protected against discrimination under the EA, especially where contractual arrangements are complicated.’ In some industries, such as IT, it is relatively common for individuals to provide …
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Autoclenz Ltd v Belcher  UKSC 41
- James v Greenwich Council  UKEAT 0006/06/1812;  EWCA Civ 35
- Jivraj v Hashwani  EWHC 1364 (Comm);  EWCA Civ 712;  UKSC 40
- Ready Mixed Concrete (South East) Ltd v Minister of Pensions and National Insurance  EWHC QB 3
- Smith v Carillion  UKEAT 0081/13/1701