Andrew Williams examines a recent Court of Appeal case concerning positive freehold covenants and the recovery of maintenance costs ‘Goodman is likely to become best known for the Court of Appeal’s decision as to the registration requirements relating to the burden of a positive covenant.’During the Autumn of 2013 the Court of Appeal in Goodman …
Continue reading "Positive Covenants: A thorny issue"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Austerberry v Oldham Corp  29 Dh D 750 CA
- Crane Road Properties LLP v Hundalani & ors  EWHC 2066 (Ch)
- Davies & ors v Jones & anor  EWCA Civ 1164
- Goodman & ors v Elwood  EWCA Civ 1103
- Halsall v Brizell  1 Ch 169
- Tulk v Moxhay (1848) 41 ER 1143