The ECJ has finally put an end to uncertainty about whether transferred employees can benefit from ongoing changes to historic collective agreements, write Emma Burrows and Anna Scott ‘The decisions in Whent and Werhof created a conflict which has led to uncertainty over how far the provisions of collective agreements transfer and bind a transferee.’ …
Continue reading "TUPE: Ensuring ‘a fair balance’"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Alemo-Herron & ors v Parkwood Leisure Ltd  C-425/11
- Glendale Managed Services v Graham & ors  EWCA Civ 773
- MITIE Managed Services Ltd v French & ors  IRLR 512
- Robertson v British Gas Corporation  IRLR 302
- Werhof v Freeway Traffic Systems  IRLR 400
- Whent & ors v T Cartledge Ltd  IRLR 153
- Worrall & ors v Wilmott Dixon Partnership Ltd & anor  UKEAT/0521/09