Laurence Target considers the devices used to ensure that a seller benefits from any future increases in the value of its land ‘Using modern approaches, we could say that to be enforceable a covenant must preserve the value or protect the amenity of the land it purports to benefit.’A seller of land may want to …
Continue reading "Conveyancing: Overage, restrictive covenants"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Cosmichome Ltd v Southampton City Council  EWHC 1378 (Ch)
- Kunar v Dunning  QB 193
- P&A Swift Investments v Combined English Stores Group plc  UKHL 3
- Pritchard v Briggs  Ch 338
- Spencer's Case (1583) 5 Co Rep 16a
- Wrotham Park Estate Co Ltd v Parkside Homes Ltd  2 All ER 321