Emma Williamson looks at why it may not be practical to re-employ a dismissed employee even if this is what they want ‘If a claimant’s evidence indicates mistrust in the respondent (as per Nothman ) or that the claimant’s objective is vindication (as per McBride ), an order will be less likely.’ This article considers …
Continue reading "Unfair Dismissal: The role of trust and confidence in reinstatement and re-engagement"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust v Abimbola  UKEAT/0542/08/LA
- Debique v Ministry of Defence  UKEAT/0075/11/SM
- Johnson Matthey plc v Watters  UKEAT/0236/0237/0910
- McBride v Scottish Police Authority  ScotCS CSIH 4;  UKSC 27
- Nothman v London Borough of Barnet (no 2)  IRLR 65
- Oasis Community Learning v Wolff  UKEAT/0364/12 and UK EAT/0365/12
- Rembiszewski v Atkins Ltd  UKEAT/0402/11/ZT
- Wood Group Heavy Industrial Turbines Ltd v Crossan  IRLR 680