Patrick Limb QC examines the decision in the appeal case of IEG v Zurich ‘The relaxation of the causal requirement in mesothelioma claims emerged from the conjoined appeals in Fairchild precisely because the insurers were hoping that such claims would founder on the rock of uncertainty created by the inability to satisfy the “but for” …
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Barker v Corus UK plc  UKHL 20
- Bonnington Castings Ltd v Wardlaw  UKHL 1
- Fairchild v Glenhaven Funeral Services Ltd  UKHL 22
- International Energy Group Ltd v Zurich Insurance PLC UK Branch  EWHC 69 (Comm);  EWCA Civ 39
- McGhee v National Coal Board  UKHL 7
- Sienkiewicz v Greif  UKSC 10