A recent case concerning wind farms has highlighted the importance of decision makers giving sufficient weight to the development plan, as Jennifer Holgate finds out Mackie J found that the inspector did not accord the development plan the priority required by law. The inspector did not mention the priority ‘due to the plan’ or express …
Continue reading "Planning Case Study: The primacy of the development plan"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- City of Edinburgh Council v Secretary of State for Scotland  1 WLR 1447
- Clarke Homes Ltd v Secretary of State for the Environment  66 P&CR 263
- East Northamptonshire District Council & ors v Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government & anor  EWHC 473 (Admin)
- R (Cala Homes (South) Ltd) v Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government (No 2)  EWHC 97 (Admin)
- Sea & Land Power & Energy Ltd v SSCLG et al  EWHC 1419 (Admin)
- Seddon Properties v Secretary of State for the Environment (1978) JPL 835
- South Lakeland DC v Secretary of State for the Environment  2 AC 141
- South Northamptonshire Council and Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government  EWHC 11 (Admin)
- Tesco Stores Ltd v Secretary of State for the Environment  UKHL 22