In light of a recent ruling, Julian Yew and Jon Heuvel consider whether it is fair to dismiss an employee at the behest of a third party Employers often invoke SOSR dismissals at a client’s behest to appease that client. As Bancroft demonstrates, it is important to consider such a request fairly and properly to …
Continue reading "Unfair Dismissal: Removing contractors at a client’s request"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Bancroft v Interserve (Facilities Management) Ltd  UKEAT/0329/12/KN
- Dobie v Burns International Security Services (UK) Ltd  ICR 812
- Greenwood v Whiteghyll Plastics Ltd  UKEAT/0219/07
- Henderson v Connect South Tyneside Ltd  IRLR 468
- Petrofac Offshore Management Ltd v Olley & ors  UKEATS/0031/05 and UKEATS/0032/05