Juliet Munn provides a reminder of the salient points from some recent cases ‘The main issue for the court was whether the various D1 uses that had occurred at the property since 1994 could be amalgamated together such that the ten-year time limit had been surpassed.’ Many aspects of planning law continue to exercise the …
Continue reading "Planning And Environment Focus: Case law update"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Cardiff Rating Authority v Guest Keen Baldwin's Iron & Steel Co Ltd  1 KB 385
- Hall Hunter v First Secretary of State  2 P&CR 5
- Harbige v Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government  EWHC 1128 (Admin)
- Inter-Environnement Bruxelles ASBL v Region de Bruxelles-Capitale  EUECJ C-567/10
- R (on the application of Abdul Wakil (T/A Orya Textiles) & ors) v Hammersmith & Fulham London Borough Council & Orion Shepherd's Bush Limited (2012) EWHC 1411 (QB)
- R (on the application of Macrae) v County of Herefordshire District Council  EWCA Civ 457
- R (Valley Action Group Ltd) v Bath and North East Somerset Council & anor  EWHC 2161 (Admin)
- Skerritts of Nottingham Limited v Secretary of State for Environment Transport & Regions  EWHC 465 (Admin)