Benjimin Burgher considers the impact of two conflicting EAT rulings on discrimination on the ground of marital status. ‘Employers who refuse to employ a person due to marriage to a particular person, or who subject them to detriment or dismiss them, now run the real risk of being found liable for unlawful direct discrimination.’ Up …
Continue reading "Nepotism: Are workplace relationship policies now Dunn with?"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- 29 July 1978)(
- Bedfordshire Constabulary v Graham  UKEAT/1061/00
- Dunn v The Institute of Cemetery and Crematorium Management  UKEAT/0531/10DA
- Glanvill v Secretary of State for Social Services ( The Times
- Hawkins v Atex Group Ltd & ors  UKEAT/0302/11
- Igen v Wong  EWCA Civ 142
- John v Neath Borough Council ET7257/90(
- R (on the application of European Roma Rights Centre & ors) v Immigration Officer at Prague Airport & anor  IRLR 115
- Skyrail Oceanic Ltd v Coleman  ICR 596