Chris Devlin assesses the outcome of some key cases concerning the interaction of planning conditions and the lawful commencement of development ‘Only in exceptional circumstances may planning permission be implemented where pre-commencement of development planning conditions have not been discharged.’Planning permissions must be implemented within strict time limits, unless expressly agreed otherwise with the Local …
Continue reading "Planning Conditions: (Un)lawful commencement of development"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Doonin Plant Ltd v Scottish Ministers  ScotCS CSOH 3
- East Dunbartonshire Council v Secretary of State for Scotland  SLT 1088
- Etheridge v Secretary of State for the Environment  48 P&CR 35
- Greyfort Properties v Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government  EWCA Civ 908
- Leisure Great Britain v Isle of Wight Council  80 P&CR 370
- R (Hart Aggregates Ltd) v Hartlepool BC  EWHC 840 Admin
- R v Elmbridge Borough Council ex p Healthcare Corp Ltd and Prime Commercial Properties  63 P&CR 260
- R v Elmbridge Borough Council ex parte Oakimber Ltd  62 P&CR 594
- Whitley & Sons v Secretary of State for Wales  P&CR 296