Amanda Gourlay discusses a case that brings some clarity to an opaque issue ‘The key distinction between the “old” and “new” s81 is the requirement for a “final determination” of the amount of service charge payable.’Section 81 of the Housing Act 1996 prevents a landlord from exercising a right to forfeit on the grounds of …
Continue reading "Service Charges And S81 Housing Act 1996: Default judgments and final determinations"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Church Commissioners for England v (1) Koyale Enterprises Inc (2) Mr Naresh Thaleshwar unreported, 22 September 2011, Central London County Court
- Hillbrow (Richmond) Ltd v Alogaily  CLY 2707
- Kok Hoong v Leong Cheong Kweng Mines Ltd  AC 993
- New Brunswick Railway Company Ltd v British and French Trust Corporation Ltd  AC 1
- Pugh v Cantor Fitzgerald International  EWCA Civ 307
- Southwark LBC v Tornaritis  CLY 3744