Sarah Bazaraa looks at the impact of Lucasfilm v Ainsworth The Supreme Court recently handed down its much anticipated judgment in Lucasfilm v Ainsworth  : a case that highlighted difficulty with the practical application of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1998 (CDPA) and that forced the judiciary back into the uncomfortable realm of …
Continue reading "Intellectual Property: Episode III – the final showdown"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Breville Europe Plc v Thorn EMI Domestic Appliances Ltd  FSR 77
- British South Africa Co v Companhia de Moçambique  AC 602
- Frink America, Inc v Champion Road Machinery Ltd 961 F Supp 398 (NDNY 1997)
- Inc v Champion Road Machinery Ltd 961 F Supp 398 (NDNY 1997)
- London Film Productions Ltd v Intercontinental Communications, Inc 580 F Supp 47, 49 (SDNY 1984)
- Metix (UK) Ltd v GH Maughan (Plastics) Ltd  FSR 718
- Potter v Broken Hill Pty Co Ltd  VLR 612
- Tyburn Productions Ltd v Conan Doyle  Ch 75
- Wham-O Manufacturing Co v Lincoln Industries Ltd  RPC 127