Kate New looks at the outcome of some cases where the contracting parties wished to alter, avoid or reinterpret the terms of contracts that they entered into before the market collapse ‘A complicated scenario arises when the court is faced with a complex agreement and asked to consider how serious a breach must be in …
Continue reading "Contracts: Desperate times call for desperate measures"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- BDW Training Ltd (t/a Barratt North London) v JM Rowe (Investments) Ltd  EWCA Civ 548
- Dalkia Utilities Services plc v Celtech International Ltd  EWHC 62
- Dominion Corporate Trustees Ltd & ors v Debenhams Properties Ltd  EWCH 1193 (Ch)
- Extra MSA Services Cobham & anor v Accor UK  EWHC 775 Ch
- McGahon v Crest Nicholson Regeneration Ltd  EWCA Civ 842
- Rice (t/a The Garden Guardian) v Great Yarmouth Borough Council  TCLR 1
- Skanska Rashleigh Weatherfoil Ltd v Somerfield Stores Ltd  EWCA Civ 1732