Kate Barker and Jo Broadbent examine the use of dismissal and re-engagement on less pay as a way of avoiding redundancies ‘Tribunals will adopt the wrong approach if they set the hurdle too high in determining whether an employer’s reasons for a change justify subsequent dismissals.’ In these troubled economic times employers are continuing to …
Continue reading "Changing Terms And Conditions: Going down"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Catamaran Cruisers Ltd v Williams & ors  UKEAT 786/93/1301
- Garside and Laycock Ltd v Booth 
- Glasgow City Council v Deans & ors  UKEAT 0061/05/1608
- Hollister v National Farmers' Union  ICR 542
- St John of God (Care Services) Ltd v Brooks  IRLR 546
- Willow Oak Developments Ltd (t/a Windsor Recruitment) v Silverwood & ors  EWCA Civ 660