The recent decision in Luminar has confirmed that where rent is due prior to the date of an administration, it will not be an expense.
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Ellis v Rowbotham  1 QB 740
- Goldacre (Offices) Ltd v Nortel Networks UK Ltd  EWHC 3389 (Ch)
- Leisure (Norwich) II Ltd v Luminar Lava Ignite Ltd  EWHC 951 (Ch)
- Re Lundy Granite Co (1870-7) LR 6 Ch App 642
- Re Silkstone and Dodworth Coal & Iron Co (1881) 17 Ch D 158
- Re Toshoku Finance (UK) plc  UKHL 6