Patrick West analyses the latest cases and explores the future of the law’s oldest way of punishing wrong-doers
You must be logged in and have an active subscription to view full content.
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- AXA Insurance v Thwaites (2008) unreported, CC Norwich, His Honour Judge Darroch, 8 February
- AXA v Jensen (2008) unreported, CC Birmingham, recorder Lochrane, 10 November
- Racz v Home Office  1 All ER 97
- Rookes v Barnard  UKHL 1
- Sayeera Hassan v (1) Sandra Cooper (2) Accident Claims Consultants Ltd  EWHC 540 (QB)
- Tasneem & ors v Lorraine Morley (2013) unreported, CC Central London, Judge May QC, 30 September
- Wilkes v Wood (1763) Lofft 1