Nicola Caffery explains the basis on which the court in MM v NA was able to recognise a marriage which took place in a non-sovereign state
You must be logged in and have an active subscription to view full content.
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Carl Zeiss Stiftung v Rayner & Keeler Ltd (No 2)  1 AC 853
- Chen Li Hung v Ting Lei Miao  3 HKCFAR 9
- Emin v Yeldag (A-G and the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs intervening)  1 FLR 956
- Government of the Republic of Spain v SS ‘Arantzazu Mendi’ (The Arantzazu Mendi)  AC 256
- GUR Corp v Trust Bank of Africa Ltd (Government of the Republic of Ciskei
- Hesperides Hotels Ltd v Aegean Turkish Holidays Ltd  1 QB 205
- Loizidou v Turkey  23 EHRR 513
- MM v NA  EWHC 93 (Fam)
- Stella Madzimbamuto v Desmond William Lardner-Burke & Frederick Philip George  1 AC 645
- third party)  3 All ER 449