The ECJ has held that employers‘ liability to compensate workers for unpaid holiday where they have been wrongly classified as self-employed can span the entire engagement, explain Katie Clark and Paul McGrath
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council v Willetts & ors  UKEAT/0334/16/3107
- HM Revenue & Customs v Stringer & ors  UKHL 31
- King v The Sash Window Workshop Ltd  EUECJ C-214/16
- Lock v British Gas Trading Ltd  OJ C 46/13;  EUECJ C-539/12;  ET/1900503/12;  EWCA Civ 983
- Robinson-Steele v RD Retail Services Ltd  EUECJ C-131/04